Thursday, June 10, 2010

Posting Comments

Thursday, June 10, 2010
quick little post.

I have recieved some wonderful e-mails from readers (and a few phone calls from relatives) giving me some lovely compliments (Thank you! :) ) But all of them end the same way....I would have commented on your blog, but it won't let me post a comment.  This has been bothering me.  I LOVE COMMENTS!  I have been yearning for lovely comments!!  ( I love the e-mails too tho ).

So I immediately had my genius tech-savvy husband check it out.  This had to be fixed!  Well, while he fixed a lot of other little things that were bothering me...like the date stamp (all it would show was the time of my post but not the day or month?  Who cares if I posted at 2:14 am?? Where's the DATE? ),  there isn't anything to fix as far as the comments go.  Apparently the comments work just fine (I tested it to make sure).

I think (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) that the issue seems to be that there isn't really a place to put the comment?  That's my fault.  It has to do with the way I've formatted my blog home page.  BUT it's easy to comment: I will share the secret.

When your scrolling down the home page.....or on reader.... it just goes from one post to the next with no comment boxes.  I like it this way.  It's clean and you don't have to keep jumping from one page to the other just to read a story.  I like clean.  I like easy.



SO to post a comment you have to click the title of the actual post you want to comment on...
Let's use for example the Reflective Bunny post.  It's short.  And hey let's face it....she's so darn cute how could you not comment?  So click on the gray title of the post...


And voila!  A comment box!!  Yay!

And now you can type in your comment:


So there ya go!

Now if there is some other issue with the comments that I just can't seem to see for some reason PLEASE e-mail me and let me know.  Otherwise feel free to comment away!!  (Squee!!)

Hope this helps.

**UPDATE!**

I got word that there seemed to be in issue with the word verification.  Perhaps it had to do with space or something.  So now the comment box is in a pop up window.  Hopefully this will resolve that problem.  But if it doesn't let me know.  So to comment use the same steps as directed above.  But on the second page you won't see an embedded comment box.  You will see a little blue link that says leave a comment.  Then that will bring up the comment box in a pop up window.  So make sure your pop ups are turned on for this site.  :)  I wont spam ya.  Promise.  :)

5 comments:

Susie said...

Hey, here ya go.
Loving your cookie decorating talent. :)
Susie

Alison said...

Thank you Susies1955!!

Anne said...

It works! I'm so happy that I can now post my lols :)

Keep on posting!!

Anne

Alison said...

Thanks Anne!

Anonymous said...

Hola Alison yo tambien quiero ver si funciona.
Me gustaria comentario tuyo un saludo desde Barcelona (EspaƱa)

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios